Incidence of congenital anomalies is one of the leading causes of neonatal death. WHO 2015 data states about 303,000 neonates succumb to death, within 4 weeks of birth, due to congenital anomalies. It’s become imperative today to have early fetal screening to identify and manage congenital anomalies. Maternal serum screening for fetal aneuploidy and neural tube defects are key components in obstetric radiology practice. Aneuploidy is the second major category of chromosomal mutations in which chromosome number is abnormal. As some of the future complications originate in genes, recent advances in genetic studies has made it possible to identify and diagnose many major diseases and disorders at the prenatal stage.
What is REFER Series?
REFER series stands for ‘Radiology Education For Enhancement of Radiologists’. This is an educational initiative by Dr. Pradeep Srinivasan, a renowned and one of the most awarded radiologists in the space of Fetal Screening.
Certificate Course in Fetal Aneuploidy Detection
Dr. Pradeep Srinivasan has designed ‘Certificate Course in Fetal Aneuploidy Detection’ second offering from ‘REFER Series’ exclusively for radiologists to enhance their prenatal aneuploidy detection screening skills, delivered in collaboration with Mediknit™.
Course Objectives & Learning Outcomes
This Certificate Course in Fetal Aneuploidy Detection, is an online training program, which focuses on:
- first and second trimester aneuploidy detection by using both non-invasive and invasive methods
- risk calculation in various clinical scenarios
- serum biochemistry with indications of tests
- how to interpret the results for diagnosis
- genetic counselling
- most recent advances in prenatal aneuploidy screening.
The course will also include:
- discussion on different genetic syndromes that are present in the prenatal stage and how to diagnose and/or correct them
- cine loop demonstrations of normal first trimester scan
- discussion on abnormal aneuploidy cases, and
- live demonstration of invasive testing using mannequin to provide a comprehensive learning experience.
Who Should Take Up This Course?
Certificate Course in Fetal Aneuploidy Detection is exclusively meant for practicing radiologists & post graduates in the field of radiology (MD/DMRD/DNB or equivalent in countries other than India)
Content of the course is custom designed to meet the requirements of practicing radiologists, post- graduate students and beginners who wish to enhance their skills in Aneuploidy Detection without any interruption of their routine practice.
On completion of this course, the radiologists should be able to:
- Understand the basics of prenatal aneuploidy detection and the risk factors involved
- Enhance skills in detection of aneuploidies sonologically
- Learn about advanced techniques used in gene testing and identification
- Familiarize with know-hows of Genetic counselling
- Learn to calculate aneuploidy risk assessment
- Learn how to perform invasive tests
- Relate abnormal findings to the clinical outcome
Dr. Bhaskar Rajakumar
MD Radiology, MBA
Course Curriculum of Certificate Course in Fetal Aneuploidy Detection
This ten-module course covers 15+ video lectures. Once enrolled, the delegate will have six months to watch the lectures as many times as he/she would like.
- Introduction to fetal genetics
- Discussion on common aneuploidies
- Serum aneuploidy biochemical markers
- First trimester sonographic markers of aneuploidy
- History and discussion on aneuploidy screening techniques
- Aneuploidy risk assessment
- Second trimester sonographic aneuploidy markers
- Second trimester aneuploidy risk assessment
- Aneuploidy risk calculation Part 1
- Aneuploidy risk calculation Part 2
- Genetic counselling - Learn to counsel with REFER template
- Genetic counselling - Case scenarios
- Invasive and non-invasive testing
- Demonstration of invasive testing using mannequin
- Clinical examples of aneuploidies
- Normal and abnormal cine loops of first trimester anomaly scan
- Discussion on various aneuploidies and genetic syndromes
A certificate of completion will be issued after a successful score of > 60% in the summative assessments.
- MD (Radiology) or DNB (Radiology)/ DMRD/ Radiology post graduate
* Applicant should enclose a valid UG & PG degree certificate/ Postgraduate student should produce a letter from HOD during online submission of application
* Kindly note that all the applications shall be screened and selected by the course director(s) and or coordinator.
* Applicant should enclose a valid address proof (Aadhar card/ Passport/ Driving license)
Medical Council of India does not recognize courses that are offered through online or blended learning platform.
No. The aim of this course is to be a form of continuing professional development that will increase your clinical knowledge on Aneuploidy detection and make you better primary care providers. It is not a replacement to formal medical education and specialization.
Yes, it is completely an online program and you can study from anywhere. All you need is a laptop/ desktop/ tablet/ mobile with good internet connection. The program is available for a duration of 6 months or course duration (whichever is longer) from your date of joining the course. You could study as much as you can and as many times as you wish in that duration.
Once you complete the enrollment process, you will be provided with a unique enrollment number and login details to Mediknit.org. If in case, you haven’t received the same within 3 working days from enrollment, please feel free to call us on +91-7892939817or write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
All assessments are online and MCQ based. You will also be given a final exam (Summative test), successful completion of which will make you eligible for the certification.
The final online test will be unlocked as soon as you complete all the lectures. It will only be available for total of 6 months or course duration (whichever is longer) from your date of joining the course.
Three attempts, third attempt will be released on email request only.
Once you successfully pass your final exam, you can download the E-Certificate from Mediknit.org. If you need assistance, please feel free to call on +91-7892939817
What is the importance of this certificate? Is it like an additional degree? Can I apply for credit points from this certificate at the medical council?
This course completion certificate is issued by Mediknit and the course being delivered by well- renowned clinical expert in the field of fetal aneuploidy. This training course will help you enhance your knowledge and understanding of the role of aneuploidy detection in prenatal screening. Presently, there are no credit points accredited to any university / medical body for this course.
No. We do not provide any placement assistance or guarantee.
Yes. The course and the content are relevant across the globe for radiologists. International Students before enrolling can contact the learner management team by writing to email@example.com or call +91- 7892939817
* Fees inclusive of 18% GST
* Conversion and bank charges for international payments will be additional.
* At no instance the registration fees shall be refunded, if the applicant is either disqualified or fails to take up the course
* On short listing the names if the applicant chooses not to take up the course, he shall inform not later than 10 days from the date of short list announcement.
* Course fees either in part or in full shall not be refunded if the applicant fails to complete the course.
* ADDRESS PROOF (AADHAR CARD/ PASSPORT/ DRIVING LICENSE/ PASSBOOK)
* UG CERTIFICATE
* PG CERTIFICATE/ LETTER FROM HOD